Monday, March 10, 2014

# 7- Social Media is amazing for upcoming Musicians!

I am personally into smaller bands such as Hollywood Ending, Before You Exit, Reverse Order, Plug in Stereo, Twenty One Pilots, 5 Seconds of Summer and many more. I doubt you have heard of them. The only reason why I heard of them was because of twitter! My favorite story to tell about a band that i loved for about 3 years now is Midnight Red. I'm sure you heard there song on the radio called "Take Me Home". Well 3 years ago they randomly followed me on twitter. So I decided to check them out. Turned out I fell in love with them. Next thing I know they are getting bigger and bigger by the day! 3 years ago I never thought I would hear one of there songs on the radio! Another success story is about 5 Seconds of Summer! They are from Australia. One day 3 best friends decided to make a band and add one more member. They then put covers out on YouTube. Louis Tomlinson from One Direction was on YouTube one day and randomly came across one of there covers. Next thing 5 Seconds of Summer realize is that they are going on a completely sold out tour with One Direction all across the world! There are many more success stories that was only a success because of Twitter or YouTube such as Justin Bieber, Cody Simpson, Greyson Chance, even Rebecca Black!

No comments:

Post a Comment